MAKITA 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Battery and Rapid Optimum Charger:
Build your own Makita tool kit with the 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Battery and Rapid Optimum Charger Starter Pack (4.0Ah) (BL1840BDC2). Makita offers over 225 cordless tools that utilize 18V lithium-ion batteries, most available as “bare tools” (tool only, no batteries or charger included). Pick up the Makita Battery and Rapid Optimum Charger Starter Pack, then purchase the 18V “bare tools” you need to get the job done. It’s an ideal way to start building a Makita LXT Cordless System.
Makita BL1840BDC2 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries resist self-discharge, so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage, and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real-time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries.
- Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery reaches a full charge in 40 minutes or less
- Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging, and over-heating
- The impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- Sixteen contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
- Compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
- Makita 18V Lithium-Ion is the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage, and temperature
- Charges an 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery in only 40 minutes
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time
- Optimizes battery life by actively controlling current, voltage, and temperature
Specifications Of Makita BL1840BDC2
|UPC / ISBN||088381553216|
|MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY||3 Years|
|RETURN POLICY||Unopened Only, 30 Days|